The Nancy Drew Diaries is the newest Nancy Drew series released by Simon & Schuster from 2013 to present.
The series is meant to replace the Girl Detective series. The plot is like the original series, where Nancy relies on wits instead of technology.
The series was announced in 2011 to reboot the Nancy Drew Girl Detective series' sagging sales with four volumes. The series was released on February 5, 2013 as a breeder set of the first two volumes. The series was very successful, and, in March 2013, three books were added to the series, with books now planned for 2015 also, making a total of 11 books.
- Curse of the Arctic Star (February 5, 2013)
- Nancy, Bess, and George are cruising dangerous waters on a tour of Alaska. Becca Wright, an old friend of Nancy’s, is the Assistant Cruise Director of the Arctic Star, a posh new ship. But Becca needs Nancy’s help when strange things keep happening aboard the opulent ocean liner: The swimming pool becomes a floating grave; a famous passenger is threatened; and even the seemingly innocent mini-golf course becomes a perilous playground. With the majestic and mysterious Alaskan scenery as a backdrop, Nancy and company have to find out who’s trying to sabotage the maiden voyage and why.
- Strangers on a Train (February 5, 2013)
- Nancy’s Alaskan adventure continues as she, Bess, and George disembark the mystery-plagued Arctic Star cruise ship and explore the grand sites of the forty-ninth state: Skagway; the Yukon territory, and Denali National Park. It’s spectacular scenery, but things start to go wrong almost immediately, leading Nancy to believe that whoever was behind the unsolved mayhem aboard the ship has followed them onto dry land. The girl detectives had better watch their steps—they’re on uncharted and unknown territory!
- The Mystery of the Midnight Rider (May 7, 2013)
- At the prestigious-and competitive-River Heights Horse Show, the prizes, which range from money to possible placement on the Olympic Team, are so highly coveted that anyone from the riders to the owners will do anything to win...even drug the horses! Who's up to no good? Nancy, Bess and George are on the case!
- Once Upon a Thriller (September 24, 2013)
A rash of crimes in a neighboring town -- a blazing fire at a bookstore, a boat that sinks in the harbor, and a valuable dog's dognapping -- are eerily similar to the plots from famous mystery writer Lacey O'Brien's popular books – coincidence or not? Who's behind the crimes: Lacey looking for publicity? One of Lacey's super fans? Or maybe it's Paige Samuels, owner of the bookstore. Nancy, Bess and George are deep into a dangerous new mystery.
- Who knew a new sports field could cause so much drama? That’s what Nancy, Bess, and George are investigating. Ever since George’s cousin Carrie Kim announced her candidacy for city council, along with her platform of building a new football field and a state-of-the-art sports complex, someone has been trying to sabotage the campaign! Nancy has to go undercover as a member of the Green Club when she suspects they may be behind all of the mischief. When Carrie starts getting threatening notes and even some more sinister warnings, Nancy knows she needs to crack the case before someone gets hurt!
- Secret at Mystic Lake (May 6, 2014)
- To celebrate her birthday, George is taking Nancy and Bess on a three-day bike tour around the scenic Mystic Lake. They can’t wait to spend time exploring the gorgeous landscape by day and camping under the stars at night. What they didn’t count on was sabotage! First someone steals food and supplies from their packs. Then tour guide Caitlin vanishes overnight, and the entire group finds their tires slashed to bits. Now Nancy is cycling for clues instead of soaking up the scenery. Can Nancy track down the culprit before she and her friends are lost in the woods forever...
- Phantom of Nantucket (September 23, 2014)
- Nancy, Bess and George can't wait to start their trip to Nantucket. The three girls are there to visit Bess's family friend Jenna and go to the opening of an exhibit at the local whaling museum, that she has been working on for months. But when the girls get to the museum a threatening banner has replaced the welcome sign. Nancy's got plenty of potential suspects, but she's worried she won't be able to solve the case in time to save the opening. When the threats start to get more serious though, she becomes more concerned about Jenna's safety than the ruined exhibit. Can Nancy find the culprit in time?